Gibson SG Angus Young Back in Black 2012 - Thunderstruck Ebony
Rare 2012 Gibson SG Angus Young Back in Black
Classic rock doesn't get much bigger than AC/DC, and no one wallops out the massive, bone-crunching tone like Angus Young on his Gibson SG. Young's incendiary tone has inspired wave after wave of rock guitar heroes, and turned on countless players to the power of his seminal guitar of choice, the SG. Now the Gibson USA Angus Young SG puts all the tone and playability of this classic double-cutaway into a signature model made to Young's own specs. The result is an instrument with all the punch, crunch and sizzle that Angus achieves with his treasured SG, in a guitar that's still well within reach of the workaday rocker.
Way back in 1961, the Gibson SG replaced the underappreciated Les Paul Standard, and while the Les Paul would surface later in the decade as a rock and blues classic, the new SG (originally named Les Paul/SG) was an instant hit in its own right. Its simple yet inspired ingredients of thin, all-mahogany body and neck and two Gibson humbucking pickups gave it a snappy attack with a muscular punch, while its slim, fast neck yielded unprecedented playability.
The Gibson USA Angus Young SG not only captures the look, feel and sound of a great SG, it also embodies some of the rare specs and qualities of Angus's own '68 model, known to be a stand-out example among a classic breed. Back, black and ready to rock, the Gibson USA Angus Young SG puts the full fury of that classic AC/DC tone in your hands.
- Body: Solid mahogany
- Finish: High-gloss ebony black
- Neck and headstock: Solid, quartersawn mahogany
- Truss rod
- profile: Super-slim, 0.775" thick at the 1st fret, and 0.850" thick at the 12th.
- Neck pitch: attached at a 4-degree angle
- Headstock angle: Gibson's traditional 17 degrees
- Logo: Gibson logo, inlaid in mother-of-pearl, Gibson's crown inlay in the center of the headstock
- Neck Joint: Mortise and tenon
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with single-ply antique plastic binding
- Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22 jumbo
- Inlays: Acrylic "lightning bolt" position-markers
- Nut: Corian
- Nut width: 1.550"
- Pickups: Gibson '57 Classic humbucking pickup (neck); Angus Young humbucker (lead)
- Volume Controls: individual volume control for each pickup, high-quality linear 300K potentiometer
- Tone Controls: high-quality non-linear 500K potentiometer, 0.0223mf capacitor
- Toggle Switch: three-way, stainless steel with cream plastic tip and cream trim ring
- Output Jack: 1/4"
- Tuning Keys: vintage-Kluson-style tuners with pearloid keystone buttons, 14:1 gear ratio
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic, zinc with chrome plating
- Tailpiece: "stopbar," made from Zamak then plated with chrome
- Strap Buttons: aluminum
- Control Knobs: Gibson's black witch-hat knobs with silver inserts
- Pickguard: five-ply black/white/black/white/black
- Truss Rod Cover: black and white vinyl plastic, with Angus Young signature
- Hardshell Case: black, form-fitting hardshell with Gibson USA screenprinted on the outside
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed