Cole Clark Angel 2 , Redwood Face, Blackwood back and sides, cutaway & pickup
Cole Clark Angel 2. In the late 1850's, Baron von Mueller" government botanist of Victoria, supplied plants for the new Ballarat Botanical Gardens. Among these were Californian Coastal Redwood, Sequoia Sempervirens. We have access to some of this which has fallen in storms as well as other examples planted around the same time throughout Victoria. This is an extremely resonant tone wood and is striking to look at.
Californian Redwood Sequoia: Slightly stiffer than Western Red Cedar. Still a great top for softer players but gives great resonance for strummers as well as finger pickers. This is a stunning timber which we source from Australia from trees planted 150 years ago. We feel this works really well on a wide variety of Cole Clark models.
Australian Blackwood: This is the stiffest timber we make tops out of. It has a character all of its own, quite like Koa as it is a very close cousin. It is normally dark brown and grainy but can vary. It is native to Australia and sourced from Tasmania or Victoria.
- All solid timber cutaway grand auditorium with internally carved top and back.
- Cole Clark 3-way pickup system
- Finish: Nitrocellulose (natural satin)
- Neck: Queensland Maple
- Top: Australian grown American Redwood
- Back/Sides: Tasmanian Blackwood
- Inlaid timber binding and rosette.
- Bridge/Fretboard: Rosewood
- Inlays: Snowflake
- Machine Heads: Grover
- Nut/Saddle: Graph Tech Tusq
- Strings: Phosphor Bronze 12-53
- Nut Width: 44mm/1.73″
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed