Mesa/Boogie LoneStar Special 30-watt 1x12" Tube Combo Amp - Coca Bronco/Cream Bronco
This Versatile Combo Makes a Stellar Stage and Studio Amp
The Mesa/Boogie Lone Star Special guitar combo amp lets you bask in all-tube Class A goodness! The Lone Star Special gives you two independent channels, each of which lets you assign one, two, or all four EL84 output tubes for 5-, 15-, or 30-watt power - you can call up full power for plenty of clean headroom on one channel while assigning lower power to the other for creamy overdrive! Each channel offers a full range of EQ, gain, master volume, and reverb controls, so you get complete control with the Mesa/Boogie Lone Star Special.
Mesa/Boogie Lone Star Special 1x12 Combo Amp at a Glance:
- The magic sound of EL84s running pure Class A
- Always be in the power clip sweet spot
- Single-ended circuits preserve the most musical harmonics
The magic sound of EL84s running pure Class A
Where its big brother - the Lone Star - boasts the huge warmth and headroom of 6L6 power, the Lone Star Special delivers seductive tone and an elastic feel. This Lone Star is light on weight, but heavy on personality. With its fabulously expressive and versatile preamp, plus the vintage mojo of EL-84s running pure Class A, you've got a new classic amp.
Always be in the power clip sweet spot
Real-deal vintage tone is all about tube power and the way it clips. The challenge for guitarists is that the power clip sweet spot is tied to the amp's wattage and your playing volume. The Lone Star Special bypasses this traditional limitation by offering three separate power configurations each with its own wattage window: 30-watt, 15-watt, and 5-watt. This way, you get the exact amount of power you need per channel on demand. 30 watts, loud and proud from all four output tubes, punches through the mix and is ideal for playing with a band in mid-size venues. 15 watts coaxes soulful expressiveness from two EL-84s basking in a luxurious electron bath. Both these circuits run pure Class A in a push/pull configuration. But what really makes the Lone Star Special live up to its Special moniker is its ability to switch down to 5 watts of single-ended power euphoria.
Single-ended circuits preserve the most musical harmonics
In push/pull circuitry, the second harmonic is canceled out when the two halves of the waveform are rejoined in the output transformer. Unlike push/pull, single-ended circuits preserve this most musical of all harmonics. A subtle halo of warm distortion (an octave above the note you're playing) glazes your guitar sound with a delicious nuanced patina. The Mesa/Boogie Lone Star Special's single-ended 5-watt mode is perfect for recording, when your tone is all that matters.
Mesa/Boogie's Warranty: The Best in the Business!
Your new Mesa/Boogie amp is protected by Mesa/Boogie's transferable warranty: five years on the electronics, three years for speakers, and six months for tubes.
Mesa/Boogie Lone Star Special 1x12 Combo Amp Features:
- Handbuilt in Petaluma, California
- Rectifier tracking (5- and 15-watt mode = tube and 30-watt = diode)
- 2 fully-independent channels, each with gain, treble, mid, bass, presence, reverb, and master controls
- All-tube, long spring reverb with bright/warm reverb tone switch
- Output level control; footswitchable solo level control
- All-tube FX loop with send level control
- True hard-bypass switch that removes FX loop, output level, and solo level controls from signal path
- Slave out with level control
- External switching jacks for channels 1 and 2 - solo and reverb
- All-aluminum chassis, fan-cooled with on/off switch
- 2-button footswitch and slipcover included
- Number of Channels:2
- Total Power:30W
- Speaker Size:1 x 12"
- Preamp Tubes:5 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes:4 x EL84, 1 x 5Y3 (Rectifier)
- Effects Loop:Yes
- Inputs:1 x Instrument
- Outputs:3 x Speaker, 1 x Slave
- Footswitch I/O:1 x 1/4" (channel, solo)
- Footswitch Included:Yes, 2-button footswitch
- Weight:59 lbs.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed