Taylor 224ce-K DLX - Shaded Edgeburst, Layered Koa back and sides
Check out the Finish On This Stunning A/E!
Like a fine wine, the Taylor 224ce-K DLX only gets better with age. The crisp snap, strong mids, and sparkling highs exhibited by this acoustic-electric guitar's all-koa body will reach new levels of richness, sweetness, and resonance as this instrument ages. Of course, the 224ce-K DLX's eminently comfortable sapele neck ensures that you'll be playing this guitar for a long, long time. When it's time to perform, ES2 electronics produce top-notch amplified tone. In addition to its stunning koa body, the 224ce-K DLX also features gorgeous black binding, a single-ring faux pearl rosette with interlocking "fishbone" pattern, and Italian acrylic, small diamond fingerboard inlays.
The wonderful look and sound of koa
Koa is a treasured tonewood that's only found on the Hawaiian islands. In Hawaiian, koa means "bold," surely describing this wood's gorgeous, curly grain; figuring; and now, its rich acoustic tone. Koa is prized for its combination of warm tone and beautiful looks. This Taylor 224ce-K DLX looks as good as it sounds!
Grand Auditorium body style gives you exceptional treble zing
Taylor's beloved Grand Auditorium body style, featured on the 224ce-K DLX, employs the width and depth of a dreadnought, with a more narrow waist, which gives Grand Auditorium-bodied acoustic guitars a sleeker look, with more treble top end. This body style also helps to sharpen the definition of each note. Ultimately, from fingerpicking to medium strumming, the Grand Auditorium is a great choice for nearly every playing style and genre.
Taylor's Expression System 2 delivers incredibly natural sound with full dynamics
If you play plugged in, then you're going to love the Taylor Expression System 2 (ES2) electronics built into your 224ce-K DLX. The key to this fantastic system is the 3-section proprietary pickup located behind the saddle. Because of where it's positioned and how it's integrated into the 224ce-K DLX's saddle, the ES2 pickup provides you with remarkably clear and accurate sound. In addition to a master volume control, a pair of tone controls lets you tweak your highs and lows to get the sound you need, and a discreet phase switch offers vital onboard feedback suppression. We were more than impressed when Taylor came to Guitar World to show us what this system can do, and we think you will be too.
Taylor 224ce-K DLX Features:
- All-koa construction offers a crisp snap with strong mids and sparkling highs that sound better with age
- Grand Auditorium body shape yields excellent projection and definition
- Comfortable sapele neck is eminently playable
- ES2 electronics produce top-notch amplified tone
- Stunning koa body, black binding, single-ring faux pearl rosette with interlocking "fishbone" pattern, and Italian acrylic, small diamond fingerboard inlays
- Chrome tuners ensure rock-solid intonation
- String Type:Steel
- Number of Strings:6
- Body Shape:Grand Auditorium
- Color:Shaded Edgeburst
- Top Wood:Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Back & Sides Wood:Layered Koa with Koa veneer
- Body Bracing:Forward Shifted Pattern
- Neck Wood:Sapele
- Fingerboard Material:West African Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay:Italian Acrylic Small Diamonds
- Number of Frets:20
- Scale Length:25.5"
- Tuning Machines:Chrome
- Bridge Material:Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material:NuBone/Micarta
- Nut Width:1.6875"
- Strings:Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Case Included:Hardshell case
- Manufacturer Part Number:224ce-K DLX
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
Customers also viewed